Students receive 33 lessons between August 27, 2018 and May 20, 2019 (June-August lesson info here). Tuition is prorated over those 9 months and is the same amount every month:
- 30-minute lesson $954/year=$106/month
- 45-minute lesson $1431/year=$159/month
- 60-minute lesson $1908/year=$212/month
Students beginning after August 27, 2018 will pay a tuition tailored to their start date.
A $50 Books/Registration fee is applied at the beginning of each year. All books and supplies are deducted from this fee. Festival and competition fees are separate from the Books/Registration fee.
Where Does My Tuition Go?
Tuition at Hixson Piano, LLC includes the following services:
- Lesson time spent with each student: lessons, performance classes, festival practices
- Lesson-planning and curricular planning for each student
- Recital costs and preparations: programs, refreshments, facility rental
- Your teacher’s training, certifications, experience, and education
- Current memberships of professional organizations, certifications, conferences, continuing education, and educational journals
- Studio expenses
- Maintenance of piano, tunings, and repairs
- Website maintenance and fees
- Music library
- Computers and other software
- Property taxes, federal and state taxes, insurance, business licenses, and retirement